**All presentations and workshops include a FREE “7 Steps to Changing Any Behavior” guidebook!! **
All presentations can be customized to the audience or organization. The descriptions below are general in nature to give you an idea of the content that can be covered.
“Once you become aware of a thought that is limiting you in one way or another, you then have the power to change it.” ~Chris Sopa
Based on my book, “Choosing the Life You Were Born to Live: How Changing Your Thoughts Will Change Your Life,” this presentation gives away the secret to changing your thoughts to create the life you want to live. The thoughts and beliefs we have about ourselves and the world around us create our reality. That reality is the matrix in which we make choices that affect our life and our level of joy every day. It is imperative to be able to see the bigger picture of your life, to understand that you deserve and have the power to create the world around you as you want it to be and that guidance is available to all of us every step of the way. All we have to do is learn how to listen and learn how to use our personal power.
Learn how to:
- Understand what barriers keep you from overcoming your deepest fears.
- Re-frame the limiting beliefs that hold you back so you can replace them with beliefs that are in alignment with your authentic self.
- Use your emotions as a guide in making choices and understand why you make the choices you do in your life.
- Listen to guidance to make choices that will honor your highest path in life.
- Use the challenges in your life as learning tools.
7 Steps to Changing Any Behavior
“Deciding that you want to change is the first step in empowering yourself to form new habits which lead to new behaviors.” ~Chris Sopa
90% of our behaviors come from the subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind holds the secrets to understanding why we behave the way we do and where certain behaviors have their origin. Harnessing the power of the subconscious mind means understanding which behaviors are working for you and which ones are working against you. Are your behaviors in alignment with what you want? Are they in alignment with your current priorities? You have the power to create new positive behaviors that will last a lifetime!
Learn how to:
- Become aware of your current behaviors and habits of thought and discern which ones are working and which ones are not
- Identify what you really want out of life
- Harness what it takes to really believe in yourself and increase your self-esteem
- Change your thoughts to match the behaviors you are seeking and re-frame the ones that are not working in your favor
- Use your feelings as a guide to right action and behaviors
The Secret to a Stress-Free and Balanced Life
“One of the most unique and beneficial gifts we can give ourselves is know our own personal boundaries.” ~Chris Sopa
Stress is one of the leading causes of all illnesses. Having cured myself of a stress-related illness that almost took my life at 32 years old, I understand first-hand how stress can get out of control and touch every area of your life. Everyone has experienced stress at some point in their life…bad stress and good stress. In today’s world, stress has become so rampant that many have lost their ability to slow down, feeling as if they have misplaced their “off” switch. Understanding what stress is uniquely to you can be one of the first steps to overcoming it. This presentation discusses the one and only thing that has caused your stress…your perceptions and how you are choosing to view the world around you. Change your perceptions and you will change your life!
Learn how to:
- Define what your stressors and how they affect you.
- Define your own personal boundaries to help relieve the stress you place on yourself.
- Recognize when you are stressed and listen and respond to the cues your body is sending to you.
- Re-define the perceptions you have that are out of balance with your life.
- Take steps to heal yourself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually from stress-related illnesses.
- Quick techniques to overcome stress in the moment.
Coaching During Challenging Times
“An effective coach tells you what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear.” ~Chris Sopa
Today’s corporate climate is characterized by extraordinary levels of uncertainty, disruption and change, and the forecast is for more of the same! Yet with any “negative” comes with it extraordinary opportunities for growth. Leaders must chart a course through this stormy environment, developing and implementing effective strategies while maintaining drive, morale, motivation, innovation and a vision for success. How we learn to navigate and manage OURSELVES through this course, dictates how we will effectively influence others. Empower your people to perform at their peak in trying circumstances.
Learn how to:
- Establish trust and credibility with your staff.
- Become an effective coach and mentor
- Manage dilemmas with a positive attitude.
- Ready your team and organization to seize new opportunities.
- Align individual behaviors with a positive corporate culture
The Empowerment of Women in Today’s World
“When women learn to stand in their power with full confidence and grace, they will change the world.” ~Chris Sopa
Power is the ability to recognize what your talents are and to use them to effect change. Empowerment is motivating yourself to make that change. Many things act as obstacles to change such as F.E.A.R., limiting beliefs, lack of balance and inability to define what you want for your life. Women are very unique beings and over the years we have endured and survived many challenges. Women are nurturers by nature; they are not afraid to use their intuition to make decisions; they have an inner strength of purpose and their simple presence changes a room. Women are re-claiming their power and to do so they need to remember their unique gifts and learn to stand in their personal power with confidence.
Learn how to:
- Tap into the unique power, gifts and potential that are in you
- Work in alignment with your strengths
- Create teams based with the foundation of collaboration
- Develop a “call to action” for your life
- Maintain a sense of balance while you go after your dreams
The Power of Working as One: Teambuilding for the Future
“It is only when you are able to see and recognize the person behind the colleague that teamwork becomes a possibility.”
~ Marika Champion, WP Blood Services, Cape Town, South Africa (testimonial from a Chris Sopa International Workshop)
In today’s times organizations as a whole are facing many challenges. Our new economy has acted as a spotlight, shining the light on areas in our organizations that need the most attention. It is becoming more and more difficult to retain and recruit employees, make necessary changes, take necessary risks and find new and creative resources to get the job done. Many organizations are finding that the challenges they are facing cannot be met with the same mind-set, processes and people as before. Our new and emerging society needs a new kind of leader, needs to take bolder risks, develop new tactics and find different ways of not only connecting with people but empowering them. A new kind of “team” is needed for the challenges we are facing. As professionals, our role is to help transform the organization by empowering the people within it. It is time to empower our employees for their future, not our past.
Learn how to:
- Motivate your team to perform at a higher level
- Work according to each individuals strengths in order to empower the team
- Create powerful teams for any occasion
- Tap into the un-tapped creativity of the individuals in your organization
- Create an employee loyalty and increase retention
Sales Success for the Blood Bank Recruiter
(In partnership with the Association of Donor and Recruitment Professionals – ADRP)
“Before people buy what you are selling, they buy YOU first.” ~Chris Sopa
The blood banking industry is unique in that recruiters, in this much-needed industry, are selling individuals on giving up a sacred part of themselves: their blood. Although a sale is a sale and the process does not change much based on what you are selling, the sales model for a blood banking recruiter is unique. It entails compassion around fears, an understanding of the donor’s “why” for giving blood, unique obstacles such as fear of needles and societal prejudices, and competition with the many other non-profits who are vying for people’s time and resources. This customized 2 day workshop for the blood banking industry focuses on the unique challenges blood banking recruiters have obtaining donors and the specific skills they need, personally and professionally, to meet that challenge.
Learn how to:
- Effectively use a sales model in order to recruit and retain donors.
- Understand and be able to use the sales process in regards to the blood banking industry.
- Understand how to use the sales process during challenging times.
- Maintain a positive attitude and outlook for the success of your blood bank and yourself.
- Maintain donor loyalty and build long-lasting relationships with donors.
Riding the Waves of Change: Successfully Moving Through Life Changes
“The only constant we will ever have in our life is change.” ~Chris Sopa
There are many of us presently experiencing changes of all sorts in our lives. Some changes we are choosing consciously and others are happening to us seemingly without our permission. Change isn’t necessarily about cutting things out of your life but more about forming new habits, thoughts and ways of being; realizing your power, how you use it and where you lose it; and allowing the changes to help you grow into the person you were born to be.
Learn how to:
- Identify exactly what your fears are around change and how to overcome them
- Learn to identify when it is time to change (where does it show up in your body) and how to make the right decision
- Learn effective tools for dealing with change such as using your feelings as a guide, setting priorities, disciplining the mind and more
- Understand the higher purpose of change in your life
- Realize where you are losing your power (energy)
- Learn to use faith, hope and trust in dealing with changes
Your Relationships are Only As Healthy As YOU Are!
“It is safe to love, safe to be vulnerable and safe to be who you are.” ~Chris Sopa
The one area in life where we find most meaning is in the relationships we hold with the people in our lives. This is also the area in which we learn the majority of our lessons. The sacred contracts we hold with individuals in our lives allow us the choice to grow. Everyone in our life is there for a reason, and they come and go when the time calls them to. What we eventually come to find is that those who have caused us the most pain in our relationships are truly our greatest teachers. Know your true happiness is found, not through someone outside of you, but with you alone. Others just help you get there and make your journey that much more meaningful.
Learn how to:
- Learn to make relationship decisions from a place of love instead of fear
- Define and maintain healthy boundaries
- Live from a place of non-judgment
- Challenge yourself in those areas where you feel stuck
- Increase your self-esteem and self-worth to know you are deserving of good people and things in your lives.
** For event pricing information, contact Chris .
“After speaking with Chris she demonstrated that she fully understood my group’s needs and the culture change I wanted to inspire my team towards making. Many who attended her workshop were personally and professionally positively changed by their experience and continue to talk about how Chris’s story, realistic feedback and encouragement enabled them to understand and accept their mistakes or misgivings and make positive changes in either their employment, self-esteem, education level or relationships. Chris is a very entertaining and thought provoking speaker and I intend to have her back to reinforce her teachings.”
~ Dustin R. Conover, Director of Fixed-Site Operations, Oklahoma Blood Institute (testimonial from a Chris Sopa International Workshop)
It is only when you are able to see and recognize the person behind the colleague that teamwork becomes a possibility.”
~ Marika Champion, WP Blood Services, Cape Town, South Africa (Testimonial from a Chris Sopa International Workshop)